Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of entry
I am duly aware of the risks and hazards inherent upon entering the event locations and participating in the event at these locations. I voluntarily elect to enter the event locations and participate in the event. I enter the event at my own risk and responsibility and I have informed myself of the nature of this event and am aware that I will be exposed to risks that I am not normally exposed to.
Persons signing this form as a guardian of a minor hereby consent to such minor being bound by the aforementioned to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above.
Clothing and Merchandise Sizes: Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd takes no responsibility for incorrect fit of event garment. No refunds or exchanges. Please make use of the appropriate size charts provided for each event.
Photographic and video material: Photographic and video material taken by Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd may be used for marketing and advertising purposes in the future by UrbanGoat (Pty) ltd or any of our event partners.
Use of contact information: By entering any of UrbanGoat (Pty) Ltd events you agree to share your contact information with our partners and clients. This information will only be used to contact you with event or event partner related products and services. If you do not want us to share this information please email us email@example.com to remove your email and contact details. *Your information will be kept safe and will not be abused.
Cancellations & Refunds – None Payment plan options
- All substitutions made are charged at R50 per rider.
- Refunds up to 90 days prior to the event will be refunded at 75% of entry fee.
- Refunds up to 60 days prior to the event will be refunded at 50% of entry fee.
- No refunds 60 days or less before the event date.
- Entries are transferable until 14 days prior to the event. (If you do a substitution your substituted participant will receive the merchandise size that was selected on your original entry)
*Entries can’t be transferred to the following year.
*No Exceptions including medical conditions and infectious diseases.
Cancellations & Refunds – Payment Plan
- First payment – 50% of Entry (Due immediately to secure your entry)
- Second payment – 50% of Entry (Due 30 days after entry)
- You will have 7 days to make your payment after the due date. If you miss a payment you will forfeit your entry.
- Payment plan options are non refundable. You can however do a substitution.
*Entries can’t be transferred to the following year.
*No Exceptions including medical conditions and infectious diseases
Cancellations & Refunds (Transferred entries due to Covid Postponements)
RideTheKaroo 3 Day Stage Race: Please follow this link for more info – COVID UPDATE >>
RunTheKaroo: Please follow this link for more info – COVID UPDATE >>
UrbanGoat (Pty Ltd) has the right to cancel or postpone the event at anytime if the event is unsafe to continue. Reasons might include natural causes and pandemics.
Should the event not be able to continue the event organiser (UrbanGoat PTY LTD) will inform all participants with appropriate options. This could include a partial refund, substitutions or date change. These options will be determined internally according to event expenses and the foreseen future of the circumstance that caused the cancellation of the event.
Assumption Of Risk | Representations and Warranties | Consent to treatment | Release and Discharge | Indemnity
All participants accepts that all tours organised and managed by Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Urban Goat shall not be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused and the participant hereby indemnifies Urban Goat its staff, venue owners and any third party employed or contracted by Urban Goat harmless from any such claim. The participants accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
1. Assumption of Risk
- I certify that I have been advised that and am aware that participation in the event involves significant risk of injury, trauma, harm and damage to me, other participants, spectators and other persons attending or in the vicinity of the event and with this knowledge I voluntarily participate in the event fully accepting all such risks if they arise which may result in personal injury, death and damage.
- I am aware that the event will take place at a time and location that may make access to medical treatment and facilities difficult and that cycling and running events are physically exerting and may result in injury, trauma, death or damage and that I may be exposed to natural elements such as storms and dangerous wildlife.
2. Representations and Warranties
- I represent and warrant that:
I am in sufficiently good physical condition to safely participate in and complete the event and have no disability, impairment or ailment that will prevent me from safely participating in the event or that will be detrimental to my or any other persons health, safety or physical condition while participating in the event or while at or near the event.
- The answers and information I have given in the registration form are all true and correct and that Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd has relied on the answers and information in permitting me to participate in the event.
- I understand that this document is binding on me and creates an enforceable legal relationship between me and Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd.
3. Consent to treatment
- I agree that if I suffer injury Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd may at my expense arrange for me to receive medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd deem appropriate and I understand that any personal injury that I incur may be worsened or compounded by not only my actions but by the actions, omissions or negligence of others.
- I agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance as well as insurance for my personal belongings.
- I further understand that it is my responsibility to be medically fit to participate.
4. Release and Discharge
- I hereby unconditionally release and forever discharge from all liability Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd and its directors, members, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, sponsors and proprietors of any land on which the event or any part of it is conducted from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in the event and I hereby agree not to take legal action of any kind against Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd in connection with the event or my participation in it.
- I hereby unconditionally indemnify and hold harmless, and shall keep indemnified and held harmless by Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd its directors, officers, agents, marshals, contractors, helpers, sponsors, local authorities or their employees and proprietors of any land on which the event or any part of it is conducted from and against all liabilities, claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever that may be brought against Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd as a result of or in connection with any act, omission, default, failure or error on the part of Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd including any negligent act, omission, default, failure or error occurring wholly or partly during the event.
- I hereby unconditionally indemnify and hold harmless, and shall keep indemnified and held harmless Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd its directors, officers, agents, marshals, contractors, helpers, sponsors, local authorities or their employees and proprietors of any land on which the event or any part of it is conducted as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the participants arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, any loss or damage to bicycles or other equipment, however such loss or damage may arise regardless of whether or not the same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of all the aforementioned parties as set out.
- I agree that Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd will not be liable for and I waive any right to claim any loss or damage, personal injury, death, economic loss or consequential loss whether in tort, in contract, under statute or otherwise, for any default, failure, negligence or error on the part of Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd.
- I agree that Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd liability under any statutory right or any condition or warranty implied or any relevant legislation which cannot be lawfully excluded is, to the full extent permitted by law, limited to payment by Urban Goat (Pty) Ltd of the cost of having the event supplied again.
- I accept that I take part entirely at my own risk
1. Equipment (If applicable)
- Only bicycles in sound mechanical condition will be allowed to start the event.
- Always carry mobile phone, fully charged, and programmed with all the emergency numbers supplied at registration.
- The event number must be secured and always visible.
- Each participant is responsible for the maintenance if his/her own bicycle/equipment and that it is in a safe working order before the event start.
- It is advisable to carry the following spares with you on your ride:
- Spare tubes
- Multi tool
- Replacement derailleur hanger
- Inflation device (Pump etc)
- Tyre Plug
2. Helmets (If applicable)
- It is compulsory to wear a helmet at all times during the cycling events, failing to do so will result in immediate disqualification.
- Each participant is responsible for his/her own personal medication as prescribed by his physician. Please consult the event medical team if in doubt about the legality thereof.
- We cover areas populated by honey bees, if you are in any way allergic to bee stings it is of paramount importance that you at all times carry your prescribed medication on you person. If you are not sure about your allergic status, please consult our event medical team at registration.
4. Hydration & Nutrition
- A minimum of 1l of fluid to be carried by each participant.
- Water & energy drinks will be supplied at the water stations.
- The exact location of the water points will be advertised in advance.
- Even though we will have numerous water points along the route Participants are still responsible for their own hydration & nutrition.
*We travel through ecologically sensitive areas and persistent littering will result in disqualification. Any form of littering will results in fines imposed. Keep all your rubble for the water points where event organisers will erect disposable bag stands.
- Each participant is responsible to know stage routes and specifically the exact start and finish directions. If results are influenced by route confusion it is upon riders own responsibility.
- The integrity of each participant is relied upon regards to staying on the course and competing within the rules.
- In the case of a withdrawal of a participant, a new team cannot be formed.
- Should you decided to switch courses during the event you will be moved to a “out of competition” results category. You will no longer be able to participate in the official event results.
- If a participant leaves the course, for whatever reason, he has to enter course at the exact same spot he exited it.
- The organizers reserve the right to change a stage or completely abandon a stage if necessary. Such a stage will be declared a non event and have no bearing on the overall results.
- All timing bands needs to be returned after the event. A fine of R250 will be implemented for none return of timing bands.
6. Competitions and prizes
- Participants have to be entered into the Urban Goat event to qualify for any prize or competitions.
- If a prize is drawn or handed over at the event itself the winner of the prize will have to be present to collect the prize in person otherwise they will forfeit the prize and the prize will go to the next winner in line.
- The event organiser is allowed to change the rules of the competition without any prior notice. The change of the rules will be made clear and at least two witnesses will be present to approve the changes.
- Urban Goat cannot be held responsible for any incorrect sizing or color on prizes.
- Voucher /prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other form.
- Voucher/ prizes are not transferable to anyone else.
- Urban Goat cannot be held responsible should a sponsor of a prize withdraw form a competition.